welcome to FGI
welcome to FGI

FGI - History

The Federation was established on 22nd June 1918 in the name of ‘Baroda Mills Owners Association’ with the blessings of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad.

In 1930, the Federation had become a constituent member of Federation of the Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) New Delhi- the apex body through which the important problems are being represented to the Central Government.

Renamed in the year 1936 ‘The Federation of Baroda State Mills and Industries’ by enrolling industries other than textile industries.

On merging of Baroda State with the Union of India in 1949, the Association was given the name ‘‘The Federation of Gujarat Mills and Industries’.

The Association is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.

In 1995 the name of Federation was changed to “Federation of Gujarat Industries”.